Hello Gemmies! Can you believe we are already four months into the new year? Time is really flying by. I had a pretty great reading month and enjoyed each of these titles. I was able to read a total of 30 books/manga in April! I think that is the most I have done in a single month. This month I set four goals for myself.
1. Read at least one vampy story
2. Read a new to me author
3. Start a new independently published series
4. Catch up on The Spy X Family Manga series
Goal One is a standing goal I set for myself in 2022. I dubbed 2022 the year of the vampire and want to read at least one vampy tale each month. Although I must admit this is turning into the year of the Fae! In April I read King of Battle and Blood by Scarlett St Claire, and Seasons one and two of The Hot Vampire Next Door by Nikki St Crowe. I'm totally obsessed with The Hot Vampire Next Door! This gives me sexy adult vampire diaries vibes.King of Battle and Blood was extremely enjoyable even though the main character Isolde got on my nerves at time.
For my second goal and third goals, I decided to start the Savage Lands series. This is my first time reading anything by Stacey Marie Brown and it definitely won't be the last. This is a fantastic independently published fantasy series. There are high stakes, conflict, violence, romance, spice, action, and of course sexy fae. I ended up binging the first five books and can't wait for book 6, Shadow Lands to come out. Even though I wasn't thrilled with our main protagonist, the other characters, plot, and action scenes are phenomenal. There are a few other new to me authors and indie published books on this list as well, and each was more enjoyable than the last. I'm telling you, if you aren't reading independently published books yet....do it! They are putting the traditionally published books to shame.
I also read books by Zoey Draven and Nickki St Crowe who are new to me indie authors. I absolutely fell in love with Zoey Draven's Horde Kings of Dekkar series. I literally binged books 1-5 over a weekend! These stories are sexy, romantic, and action packed. Think The Dothraki from Game of Thrones meets Ice Planet Barbarians.
For my fourth goal I wanted to catch up on the Spy x Family manga before I start watching the anime. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this manga series. It has the perfect blend of humor, action, and heartfelt moments that just make you feel good. I have started the anime and it is so freaking adorable. If you haven't read this manga series or watched the anime....do it! You will not regret it and I guarantee it will put a smile on your face.
For my overall reading experience, I had a pretty great time. I really enjoyed everything I read this month. Every title was at least 3 gems and up. Here is the full listing of all the books that I read.
1. Call Of The Night Volume 7 By Kotoyama
2. Spy X Family Volumes 4 - 7 By Tatsuya Endo
1. Savage Lands By Stacey Marie Brown
2. Wild Lands By Stacey Marie Brown
3. Dead Lands By Stacey Marie Brown
4. Bad Lands By Stacey Marie Brown
5. The Never King By Nikki St Crowe
6. The Dark One By Nikki St. Crowe
7. King of Battle and Blood by Scarlett St. Clair
8. Captive of The Horde King by Zoey Draven
9. Claimed by The Horde King by Zoey Draven
10. Madness of The Horde King by Zoey Draven
11. Broken by The Horde King by Zoey Draven
12. Taken by The Horde King by Zoey Draven
13. The Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi
14. Heat Haven by Sarah Blue and Ashley Bennett
15. The Red Huntress by Stacey Marie Brown
16. Wicked Captor by Zoey Draven
17. Wicked Mate by Zoey Draven
18. Hot Vampire Next Door Season One by Nikki St Crowe
19. Hot Vampire Next Door Season Two by Nikki St Crowe
20. The Queen's Line by Kathryn Moon
21. The Princesses Chosen by Kathryn Moon
22. The Kingdoms Crown by Kathryn Moon
23. The Orc Run by Poppy Kildare
24. The Orc's Princess by Poppy Kildare
25. The Orc's Bounty by Poppy Kildare
Here are some basic stats for my reading month. I'm not going to get super complicated here, but it is nice to take a look back and see what I was able to accomplish in 30 days!
Total Page Count:
That's my reading wrap up for the month of April 2022. I'm so looking forward to reading more paranormal/fantasy stories next month. Do you have any favorites to recommend? Let me know by leaving a comment below. Have a great day and happy reading!