Hello Gemmies! I've been asked by a few followers to start doing a wrap up of all of my reads for the month. I'm a little late but......here we go! August was a really great reading month for me. I had three specific goals.
1. Branch out and read more manga
2. Read more books by Indie authors
3. Read complete series
I think I did pretty well sticking to my goals. And I found that setting reading goals ahead of time helped me to stay focused. I also discovered that I absolutely LOVE manga! If you can think of a trope, there is a manga for it. If you aren't reading any manga yet, I highly recommend you branch out and add some to your to be read lists. I'll split my reads up by Books and Manga.
1. Midnight Secretary Volumes 1- 7 by Tomu Ohmi
2. Spell of Desire Volumes 1-5 by Tomu Ohmi
3. Yakuza Lover Volume 1 by Nozomi Mino
4. Fire In His Fingertips Volume 1 by Kawano Tanishi
5. Black Bird Volumes 1 - 4 by Kanoko Sakurakouji
6. Call of The Night Volumes 1-3 by Kotoyama
7. Sweat and Soap Volumes 1-8 by Kintetsu Yamada
8. Apothecary Diaries Volumes 1-2 by Natsu Hyuuga
9. Devil's Candy Volume 1 by Rem and Bikkuri
1. The Fae and the Fallen by Brittni Chenelle
2. The Brave and The Broken by Brittni Chenelle
3. How to Date Your Dragon by Molly Harper
4. Love and Other Wild Things by Molly Harper
5. Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues by Molly Harper
6. Selkies Are A Girl's Best Friend by Molly Harper
7. Always Be My Banshee by Molly Harper
8. Shifters in The Night by Molly Harper
9. One Fine Fae by Molly Harper
10. Eternal Huntress by Whitney Hill
11. How To Flirt with A Naked Werewolf by Molly Hunter
12. Wild Survival: Swimming With Sharks by Melissa Cristina Marquez
Here are some basic stats for my reading month. I'm not going to get super complicated here, but it is nice to take a look back and see what I was able to accomplish in 31 days! My biggest surprise of the month has to be the Sweat and Soap manga series. I seriously fell in love with these characters and slice of life story!
Advanced Reader Copy
So that's my reading wrap up for the month of August 2021. I really enjoyed just about every single one of these titles. The only ones I was not entirely in love with were Even Tree Nymphs Get The Blues by Molly Harper, and the Call of The Night Manga by Kotoyama. And even those were enjoyable, just not ones that I think I'd re-read anytime soon.
What Books have you read this month? Would you like to see more posts like this going forward? Let me know by leaving a comment below. Have a great day and happy reading!