Hello Gemmies! Can you believe we are already two months into the new year? Time is really flying by. I had a pretty decent reading month and enjoyed each of these titles. I was able to read a total of 21 boos in February. This month I set three goals for myself.
1. Start to read the Chicagoland Vampire Series
2. Read House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J Maas
3. Read a Fantasy Romance for FAROFEB
Goal One has been on my list for a looonnnngggg time. I have been meaning to read the Chicagoland Vampire Series for years. I am determined that 2022 is the year that I finally get it done. If possible I'd like to read at least three books each month. This should allow me to read all thirteen books in the original series and the three books in the spin off series before the release of book four, Devouring Darkness in September. This also hits one of my yearly goals to read at least one vampy book each month.
For my second goal, I read House of Sky and Breath. This was my most anticipated release for 2022 and it did NOT disappoint. That ending?!??! I still can't get over it! Talk about having a major book hangover! I love Bryce and Hunt so much and can't wait to read more stories set in this universe.
FAROFEB is a month long celebration of all things related to the fantasy romance genre. For my third goal I wanted to read at least one romantic fantasy book and if possible a new to me author. I tried Elsie Winters and guys I am in LOVE! I read her novella Green Eyed Monster and it was delightful! Preppy Orc boy meets sunshine fae girl and falls in love? Umm yes please! Now I can't wait to dive into the full length novel set in the same world called Leviathan's Story.
For my overall reading experience, I had a pretty great start to the year. I really enjoyed everything I read this month. Every title was 3 gems and up. Here is the full list of everything I read in February. As usual I broke up the titles by Manga / Graphic Novels and Books. Check out all of the titles below.
Manga / Graphic Novels:
1. Yakuza Lover Volume 4 by Nozomi Mino
2. Rosen Blood Volume 2 by Kachiru Ishizue
3. Kaiju Girl Caramelise Volume 5 by Spica Aoki
4. Call Of The Night Volume 6 by Kotoyama
5. Daily Report About My Witch Senpai Volume 1 by Maka Mochida
6. The Masterful Cat Is Depressed Again Today Volume 3 by Hitsuzi Yamada
1. Claimed By Cupid by Dana Isaly
2. House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J Maas
3. Anarchist On The Orient Express by Suzannah Rowntree
4. Vampire Claim by Celia Kyle and Marina Maddix
5. Vampire Temptation by Celia Kyle and Marina Maddix
6. Vampire Reunion by Celia Kyle and Marina Maddix
7. Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill
8. Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill
9. Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill
10. Secrets & Truths by Whitney Hill
11. A Farewell To Charms by Molly Harper
12. Green Eyed Monster by Elsie Winters
13. Witch In Charge by Celia Kyle and Marina Maddix
14. Impact Winter by Travis Beacham
15. Murders A Witch by Danielle Garrett
Here are some basic stats for my reading month. I'm not going to get super complicated here, but it is nice to take a look back and see what I was able to accomplish in 30 days!
ARC (advanced reader copy)
That's my reading wrap up for the month of February 2022. I'm so looking forward to reading more vampy stories next month. It is fun to read different interpretations of this beloved monster. Do you have any favorites to recommend? Let me know by leaving a comment below. Have a great day and happy reading!