Hello Gemmies! November was a decent reading month for me. I didn't get to read as much as I normally do but that's okay. Between work, familial obligations, and some health issues I just did not have the time to get as much read as I had planned. I set three goals for myself in November. These are repeated from last month but were items I still wanted to work on.
1. Take the pressure off myself from posting blog posts each day
2. Read a new to me Indie author
3. Read a new manga series
I think I did pretty well sticking to my goals. I still need to work on #1! Blogging is a hobby for me and I tend to put extreme pressure on myself to post new content every day. I don't want to make the experience start to feel like a job or chore so I'm working on taking that pressure off of myself.
I did read a few new to me Indie authors, my favorites being Juliette Cross and C.M Nascosta! Juliette Crosses Stay a Spell series (Wolf Gone Wild, Don't Hex and Drive, Walking In A Witchy Wonderland) is my one of my new favorite paranormal romances and I am completely obsessed with this world she has created! C.M. Nascosta writes the monster loving stories of my dreams! Who knew I needed an Orc boyfriend?!?!? And although Whitney Hill isn't a new to me Indie author I can't leave out the conclusion to the Shadows of Otherside series...Eternal Huntress, plus I received an ARC for the first book in her spin off series.... Secrets and Truth. I cannot wait to finish this gem and let you know my thoughts in December!
On the manga side I started a few new series (well new to me). My most notable was Not Your Idol by Aoi Makino. This manga was full of psychological suspense. I also touches on society's view on feminism, beauty, and how women are abused. I heard via the manga community that the series is currently on hiatus. I hope we will get more volumes translated into English soon. I believe there are seven volumes available in Japan at the moment. Of course my favorite manga read was Sweat and Soap Vol 10! Ugh just one more volume to go before the series of my heart ends. I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself!!
Here is the full list of everything I read in November. Check out all of the titles below. As always I've split my reads up by Books and Manga.
1. Not Your Idol Volumes 1 - 2 by Aoi Makino
2. Sweat and Soap Volume 10 by Kintetsu Yamada
3. May I Dampen Your Chastity Volumes 1 - 3 by Hina Kanzuki
4. You Can't Go Into The Professor's Lab Because He's Too Sexy Volumes 1 - 2 by Yuko Kamoto
5. We Just Met and Yet We're Engaged? Volumes 1 -3 by Myu Kisaki
6. Assassin's Creed: Blade of Shao Jun Volumes 1-2 by Minnoji Kurata
1. Loaded by Kilby Blades
2. Wolf Gone Wild by Juliette Cross
3. Don't Hex and Drive by Juliette Cross
4. Walking In A Witchy Wonderland by Juliette Cross
5. Mating The Huntress by Talia Hibbert
6. Daddy's Beast Friend: Monster Erotica by Eva DeMoan
7. Obsession by Nora Ash
8. Despair by Nora Ash
9. Abel by Katee Robert
10. Girls Weekend by C.M. Nascosta
11. Dark Prince by Michelle Hercules
12. The Alien Nanny For Christmas by Amanda Milo
13. Ambush or Adore by Gail Carriger
14. Better When Wetter by Kitty S. Wilde
15. Skin by Aveda Vice
16. Feed by Aveda Vice
17. The Naughty Kist by Ellie Mae MacGregor
18. No Getting Ogre You by Marie Lipscomb
19. Beauty In Autumn by Ruby Dixon
20. Flesh and Stone by Emily Hemenway
21. The Witch's Wolves by Ellie Mae MacGregor
22. Love, Laugh, Lich by Kate Prior
23. Broderick by Katee Robert
Here are some basic stats for my reading month. I'm not going to get super complicated here, but it is nice to take a look back and see what I was able to accomplish in 30 days!
So that's my reading wrap up for the month of November 2021. While I enjoyed a lot of these titles, there were quite a few duds on both the manga and book sides of the house. What books and or manga have you read this month? Do you have any favorites to recommend? Let me know by leaving a comment below. Have a great day and happy reading!